Making College More Affordable
College costs are higher than ever. We’re doing our part to help local families save money.
Our 2022 Wisdom For Wisdom program helped to offset some of the costs of college by providing free wisdom teeth removal to a student in or around Reno and Sparks.
This year our recipient is Jacquelyn, 22, from Sun Valley. She is a student in the nursing program at Truckee Meadows Community College and works part-time as a critical care tech. In her application, she wrote that for many years she had a fear of going to the dentist, but recently started going again and is now back on track with her dental health. She continued by saying she was very proud of herself for taking the initiative and wrote how she hopes to set a good example for her daughter, showing how important it is to take care of yourself and your health. As she continues to take control of her oral health, she now needs to have her wisdom teeth removed, especially as some have decay and others are impacted.
We look forward to helping Jacquelyn continue to focus on her oral health as she prepares to help others by becoming a nurse.
Learn more about wisdom teeth removal.
Just the facts...
- Wisdom teeth are the only teeth that don’t form before birth.
- Wisdom teeth are also known as third molars.
- Impacted wisdom teeth can cause infections, damage to other teeth, and cysts.
- Wisdom teeth got their nickname because they often grow in during the “age of wisdom” usually between the ages of 17 and 25.
- Wisdom teeth growing in at the wrong angle may press against other teeth, causing them to become misaligned.